Vietnam is one of those destinations to visit absolutely at least once in your life.
It offers so many attractions that it would only take a month to visit them all.
A perfect destination for any kind of tourism, ideal for a family trip but also for friends or couples.
One time was not enough for us and we had to return a second time, sure it will not be the last. For this reason we decided to create THE ULTIMATE GUIDE OF VIETNAM.
You will find all the useful information you may need to organize your trip and our favorite itinerary.
Save this article for later ↓
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE OF VIETNAM: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT
- VISA For stays of up to 15 days from the day of arrival in the country and for Italian citizens, it is no longer necessary to have a visa but only a passport valid for 6 months from the date of arrival, 2 free pages on the passport and the return ticket.
- SIM CARD is usually the first we do as soon as we arrive at the airport. There is a SIM card for tourists (MOBIFONE) and it costs about 10$.
- MONEY CHANGE we always change part of the money we just leave the airport with. During our trip € was worth 25819 dong, always look for the most favorable exchange and always let yourself make the receipt.
FIRST STOP: PHU QUOC
The best way to start your trip to Vietnam is to do it while relaxing on the island of Phu Quoc.
After all those hours by plane it takes 3-4 days of pure relaxation to recharge your energy.
For this reason we have included it as the first stop in THE ULTIMATE GUIDE OF VIETNAM.
Phu Quoc is a paradise island in Vietnam. The crystal clear sea and white beaches make it really unique and perfect for those who love to relax.
There are plenty of excursions that you can do from snorkeling to the longest cable car in the world!
Surely you can’t miss the evening at the NIGHT MARKET, where you can eat fresh fish and taste the excellent street food.
WHERE TO STAY:
SECOND STOP: DA NANG
As a second stop there could only be Da Nang, our favorite city of Vietnam. Da Nang is known as the tourist capital of South Central Vietnam, for this reason we have put it in THE ULTIMATE GUIDE OF VIETNAM.
There are so many things to see and for this reason we recommend at least 4-5 days to visit all the attractions without running.
Here are the TOP 4 must-see attractions in Da Nang:
- MARBLE MOUNTAIN (Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 – 17:00 / Price Range: VND 15,000 )
- DRAGON BRIDGE (On weekends and annual festivities, the state-of-the-art bridge is also scheduled to spit water or breathe fire from its mouth from 21:00 onwards.)
- PHAM LAM PAGODA (here is where there is the big LADY BUDDHA)
- MY KHE BEACH (It is also a popular spot for sunbathing, fishing, snorkelling, jet-skiing, and surfing.)
WHERE TO STAY:
THIRD STOP: HO CHI MINH
As the last stop of THE ULTIMATE GUIDE OF VIETNAM we have included the capital Ho Chi Minh.
Did you know that Ho Chi Minh is the name of the city while Saigon is the name given to District 1?
Behind this city there is a lot of history and there are lots of attractions to see and excursions to do.
We have been there twice and have decided to make two completely different excursions that we recommend.
Both were crazy and allowed us to get to know and see the city better without being in the middle of the absurd traffic that characterizes Ho Chi Minh.
WHERE TO STAY: