Sri Lanka is one of the destinations to be seen in 2019.
An island to discover with temples to admire and waterfalls to explore, not to mention the many safaris you can do.
For us it is the second time and for this reason we have decided to create GUIDE OF SRI LANKA 15 DAYS ROAD TRIP, where we will give you the best practical advice and what route to follow so as not to miss anything.
Save this article for later ↴
GUIDE OF SRI LANKA :WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE AIRPORT IN COLOMBO
– VISA for two people $75, enter the airport and go straight to do it, and then remember to fill out the form you find before putting yourself in the queue for immigration.
The passport must be valid for 6 months after the trip to be accepted
– SIM CARD we advise you to do it as soon as you leave the airport, the best company is definitely DIALOG. There are many plans to choose from we use the one from 949 rupees with which we have 7 gb, outside you can find offers at the same price for 15 gb.
TRAVEL TIP: every time you buy a SIM, never throw it away, if you truncate it in that place you can reuse it with a simple recharge.
– MONEY CHANGE we always change part of the money we just leave the airport with. During our trip € was worth 196. 50 rupees, always look for the most favorable exchange and always let yourself make the receipt.
DAY 1-2 : NEGOMBO AT JETWING BLUE
Our guide of Sri Lanka start after many hours of flight we are headed to Negombo, which is about 20 minutes from Colombo. It is the best choice to make if you want to move inland in the following days.
Negombo is a town by the sea, long beaches with palm trees and calm waves where you can swim and relax. In the main street by the sea there are many restaurants, bars and local shops.
TIPS PUB/RESTAURANT: we recommend you go to the LORDS RESTAURANT, live music and very welcoming place.
WHERE TO STAY : Jetwing Blue
DAY 3-5 : DAMBULLA AT JETWING LAKE
After a 3 and a half hour drive we arrived in Dambulla, in the centre of Sri Lanka. Here we stopped 3 nights, to have time to visit Dambulla Cave Temple , Habaran Elephant Eco Park and visit a typical Sri Lankan village, for this reason is inside the guide of Sri Lanka.
WHERE TO STAY : Jetwing Lake
DAY 6-8 SIGIRIYA AT JETWING VIL UYANA
The guide of Sri Lanka continues, just half an hour from Dambulla is the area of Sigiriya, in this area the ideal is to stay 3 nights to have time to do all the excursions that this area offers: Sigirya Lion Rock, Pidurangala, Sri Lanka Village Tour.
WHERE TO STAY: Jetwign Vil Uyana
DAY 9-11 WELLAWAYA AT JETWING KADURUKETHA
About 5 hours from Sigiriya lies Wellawaya, an area surrounded by greenery in the mountains. From this area you can easily reach two very famous places, and this is inside the guide of Sri Lanka: NINE ARCHES BRIDGE in Ella and Diyaluma Falls.
WHERE TO STAY: Jetwing Karuduketha
DAY 12 MAHAMODARA AT JETWING KURULUBEDDA
After 4 hours by car, the guide of Sri Lanka continues, from Wellawaya we arrived in Mahamodara, a small village a few kilometers away from Galle. This place surrounded by greenery is perfect for taking a little break to relax.
WHERE TO STAY : Jetwing Kurulubedda
DAY 13-14 GALLE AND JETWING LIGHTHOUSE
Just 5 minutes from Mahamodara we moved to Galle, famous for the lighthouse and the tourist district that is located nearby. From Galle you can reach several beaches where you can spend a relaxing day in the shade of a palm tree. The most famous beaches are those of UNAWATUMA, DALLAWELLA BEACH and MIRISSA (the farthest one).
WHERE TO STAY: Jetwing Lighthouse
DAY 15 :COLOMBO AT JEWTING COLOMBO SEVEN
2 hours away from Galle, the guide of Sri Lanka finish, we arrived at our last stop in Colombo. The capital of Sri Lanka, a modern and chaotic city, but at the same time rich in history.
One night or two nights are enough in this city, we recommend to do it either when you arrive or before leaving, as it is where the airport is located.
WHERE TO STAY: Jetwing Colombo Seven
This guide of Sri Lanka 15-days road trip is ideal for getting the most out of this island and discovering its unique places. We had to come back a second time to appreciate this land even more.
HOW TO MOVE:
–RENTING A CAR can be convenient if you want to choose your stops. Remember that here you drive to the left and remember to take out accident insurance, because they drive like crazy.
– PERSONAL DRIVER if you decide to organize this trip with Jetwing Hotels we recommend that you ask for a driver to accompany you throughout the trip as we have done.
– BUS and TRAINS if you love adventure and immerse yourself in the local culture at 360 degrees then these two options are for you. In every main city there are bus stations, they are very cheap but also very crowded. We recommend these means to those who travel only with a backpacker.